Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February is the month of challenges

You would think that being a freelancer and working on building your reputation and client base would be hard enough. To make things tougher, I have wedding expenses to cater to. I gotta buy his ring, his suit and gifts. I want to do it on my own. He is the man of my dreams and has never given up on an opportunity to make me happy. It's my turn to make him feel like a little pampered princess, figuratively speaking. 
So February is the month of challenges. I gotta make enough money to buy those things. I'll have to put up with challenges and accept projects that take me out of my comfort zone. It's easy to just give up, it's harder to embrace the difficulty and to learn from it. 

I'm talking here about projects that I receive on a daily basis. Some of them are downright weird. Some not do-able in my opinion. Things become tougher when I evaluate the price of my leisure time against the price of the project.

If a $5 gig would make me lose my sanity, calm and peace, I'd rather be lying down watching the Great British Bake Off rather than working on that project. This brings us to the topic of how to remain happy as a freelancer and I think that deserves a post on its own.

But I'm diverting too much here. So this month would be all about dedication, active engagement in new projects, challenges and HARD WORK.

No comments:

Post a Comment